I often wonder why someone would choose to stay at Canal Park Lodge in Duluth, MN over other local hotels. I’m sure there are various reasons ranging from price to specific amenities, but I wanted to know – why do we stand out? I know I’m bias, so I did some research. Duluth, MN is not exactly a small town, but it’s not a large city either. We have a lot of hotels both in Duluth and just across the bridge, in Superior, WI. So what makes a discerning person choose our beautiful Duluth hotel? I searched through online reviews of our hotel, analyzed guest surveys, and bugged our staff. Then I broke down my results into five categories. Here’s what I found.
- One of the top reasons people choose our Duluth, MN hotel is our location. Not exactly surprising since we’re on Lake Superior, near downtown Duluth, and nestled in Canal Park. You really can’t get any better than that. Being on the edge of Canal Park means we don’t get as much street noise, and the lakewalk is out our back door. Perfect!
- Another top reason, we are very involved in our community, participating in many local Duluth events, associations, and organizations all with the goal of improving our very find city. We use local vendors whenever possible. And, since we’re one of the newest hotels in Duluth, we took advantage of building our hotel as green as possible. Check out our page about our green efforts!
- The view, yes I said it before, but our view of Lake Superior is amazing and often commented about. I know our lakeside rooms are slightly more expensive, but a balcony view of the great Lake Superior is worth every penny. Sitting on your balcony at our hotel, sipping your favorite beverage, and watching the ships come in, the waves hitting the shore, or the dolphins jumping (ok just kidding), it’s one of the best ways to experience Duluth.
- A little something extra, isn’t that always nice? We try and have a variety of specials, packages, and deals going on throughout the year. Personally I’d take a massage, flowers in my room, truffles, and Little Angie’s famous chips & salsa combined with a few coronas… My kids would like the Adventure Zone package. (hint, hint to my dear spouse)
- Besides the great location in Canal Park, the view of Lake Superior, the deals, the warm fuzzy of the green and local community support, what I was most proud to find, is the many comments about our friendly, helpful staff. It says a lot about our hotel, that people would come back just because the staff here are great. I read review after review of how happy guests were with our staff, the clean rooms, the quick response to inquiries, and more. Other Duluth, MN hotels may have good rooms, clean sheets, and a decent location, but Canal Park Lodge really stands out when it comes to amazing staff.